Sunday, January 29, 2012

"A spoonful of syrup helps the medicine go down" -Mary Poppins

I wish I had a spoonful of sugar for every medication I'm going to take on this trip. I'd upload a picture of the bag of drugs I walked out of the pharmacy with, but I'm worried I'd be arrested if anyone of actual importance saw this blog. I'm going to be taking pills for malaria, "traveler's illness", high altitude sickness, and typhoid fever. I've already gotten the shot for yellow fever, and one testing to make sure my Hep A and Hep B vaccines were up to date. I'm bringing two Z-packs and two packs of some other antibiotics for just-in-case illnesses.

Literally... I'm a walking pharmacy.

My doctor's appointments are piling up, but I'm now truly terrified I'm going to just die of a tropical disease not covered by any of these meds.
And god forbid I get rabies, which according to my travel medicine doctor, is rampant in South America.

But don't worry, my friends, the most likely thing that will kill me on this trip is crazy drivers.

Wish me luck!
EAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment